The Clear2Connect Coalition, representing over 30 veteran service and disability advocacy organizations, extends our support and resources to our community of servicemembers, veterans, caregivers, survivors, and their families in light of the recent events unfolding in Afghanistan. If you are a veteran, military servicemember, including National Guard and Reserves, caregiver, family, or survivor, immediate help is available through numerous resources from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, including:
- VA Mental Health services: https://www.mentalhealth.va.gov
- Veterans Crisis Line: Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255; Press 1.
- Local Mental Health Resources: https://www.maketheconnection.net/resources
- How to book a VA mental health appointment: https://www.va.gov/health-care/health-needs-conditions/mental-health/
- EARN’s Mental Health Toolkit – Resources for Fostering a Mentally Healthy Workplace: https://askearn.org/mentalhealth/
We also understand that many Americans with hearing loss and tinnitus, especially veterans, need access to communication technology during these trying times. To learn more about Captioned Telephone Service, an option that is available free of charge, please visit our website at https://clear2connect.org/learn-how-to-access/.