On February 26, 2020, the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) met to discuss and vote on proposed recommendations regarding several key issues. Among the topics discussed were best practices to expand the User Registration Database (URD) created for Video Relay Service to include users of Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS). The DAC’s IP CTS URD Working Group identified three critical areas to address prior to implementing this expansion, including: logistical burdens, consumer privacy, and registration-related costs. Click here to read the Working Group’s full recommendations on how the FCC should proceed regarding these issues.
- Clear2Connect Coalition Members Participate in National Disability Institute’s Coronavirus Listening Sessions
- FCC Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) Meeting on February 26, 2020
- Clear2Connect Coalition Members and Captioned Telephone User Attend Meetings on Capitol Hill
- Clear2Connect Members Attend a Meeting with the FCC Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
- Clear2Connect Coalition Welcomes Global Alliance of Speech-to-Text Captioning as New Member