On February 26, 2020, the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Disability Advisory Committee (DAC) met to discuss and vote on proposed recommendations regarding several key issues. Among the topics discussed were best practices to expand the User Registration Database (URD) created for Video Relay Service to include users of Internet Protocol Captioned Telephone Service (IP CTS). The DAC’s IP CTS URD Working Group identified three critical areas to address prior to implementing this expansion, including: logistical burdens, consumer privacy, and registration-related costs. Click here to read the Working Group’s full recommendations on how the FCC should proceed regarding these issues.
- Clear2Connect Welcomes the Wounded Warrior Project
- From The Hill: As ADA anniversary nears, lawmakers express concern about changes to captioned telephone service
- Clear2Connect Welcomes the National Association of Veteran-Serving Organizations
- Representatives Langevin (D-RI) and Young (R-AK) send letter to FCC Chairman Pai
- Senators Moran (R-KS) and Tester (D-MT) send letter to FCC Chairman Pai